International Winter School on
AI in Cyber-physical Systems for Industry 4.0
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the international winter school on AI in Cyber-physical Systems for Industry 4.0, which will be held on 18-21 of December 2021 in Beijing, China, in conjunction with the 2021 International Conference on Cyber-physical Social Intelligence.
The winter school targets concrete industry use cases, aiming to provide advanced and practical training on AI technologies in cyber-physical systems that reshape our industry with more responsive, precise, and efficient automation and autonomy. The winter school addresses the following aspects of AI in Industry 4.0:
- Deep learning
- Computer vision
- Edge computing
- Robot autonomy
This winter school is particularly suitable for senior undergraduate students, graduate students and junior professionals who are interested in practical Industry 4.0 technologies. The major benefits for the participants are:
- Systematically learn or improve knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Edge Computing, and Robotics for practical solutions to Industry 4.0 challenges.
- Have an opportunity for idea discussions and collaboration with industry experts.
- Built a network with fellow students and young researchers.
- Receive a certificate of completion awarded by IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society, and Association of Global Intelligent Science and Technology.
- Participate in the 2021 International Conference on Cyber-physical Social Intelligence.
The registration fee is $400 (USD) for each participant, which covers refreshments, lunches, a technical tour to a local smart factory, and other miscellaneous costs for those participating on site, plus the ticket to ICCSI2021 conference.
We will limit the number of participants on site to 40 people, while online participation is unlimited.
With the generous support of the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society (SMCS), travel grants will be available to facilitate a small group of selective applicants to attend the winter school. The travel grants will cover the registration fee and partial transportation costs. The organizers will pay a special attention to women participants.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in the winter school, your basic information (including name, institution, the purpose of attending the winter school) needs to be sent to the Student Activity Chairs Drs. Jing Bi (email@example.com) and Shichao Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to apply for the travel grants, your application, in addition to the basic information, must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A statement on how the attendance of the winter school will impact your future
- Deadline for application and registration: 12 November 2021
- Winter school: 18-21 December 2021