International Autumn School on
Autonomous and Connected Driving for Future Mobility
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the international autumn school on Autonomous and Connected Driving for Future Mobility, which will be held on 18-21 of November 2022 in Nanjing, China, in conjunction with the 2022 International Conference on Cyber-physical Social Intelligence.
Connected and autonomous vehicles are transforming the mobility of future for both people and goods, making their transportation safer, cleaner, more efficient, and effective. The autumn school features the enabling technologies that bring such mobility from concepts and experiments into a reality, through a series of theoretical lectures and concrete industry cases delivered by a team of translational researchers and experienced practitioners:
- Machine Learning and Data Engineering
- Navigation and Path Planning
- Communication for Connected Vehicles
- Simulation and User Cases in Autonomous Driving
This autumn school is particularly suitable for senior undergraduate students, graduate students and junior professionals who are interested in connected and autonomous vehicle technologies. The major benefits for the participants are:
- Gain advanced knowledge and hands-on experiences in Sensors/Perception, Machine Learning, Navigation, Communication, and Localization techniques for autonomous and connected vehicles.
- Have an opportunity for idea discussions with industry experts and be prepared for industry-ready employment.
- Built a network with fellow students and young researchers.
- Receive a certificate of completion awarded by IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society, and Association of Global Intelligent Science and Technology.
The autumn school is a physical event. But we do offer the opportunity for people to attend the school virtually, given the Chinese government regulation on COVID19. Be mindful that the school schedule is on China Standard Time (GMT+8).
- The in-person registration fee covers everyday refreshments, lunches, and dinners with the experts at the venue, a technical tour to Smart Travel Future Automobile Research Institute, and other miscellaneous costs for those participating on site, plus a USB stick of the Proceedings of ICCSI2022.
- The online registration fee only covers the learning materials
With the generous support of the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society (SMCS), travel grants will be available to facilitate a small group of selective applicants to attend the school. The travel grants will cover the registration fee and partial transportation costs.
Please remember the number of participants is limited and the decisions will be made based on your profile.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in the autumn school, your basic information (including name, institution, the purpose of attending the school) needs to be sent to the Student Activity Chair Dr. Shichao Chen (email@example.com). If you would like to apply for the travel grants, your application, in addition to the basic information, must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A statement on how the attendance of the winter school will impact your future
- Deadline for application and registration: 15 November 2022
- Autumn school: 18-21, November 2022